Every year I do a vision board. I quite enjoy them and find them extremely therapeutic. I like to put pictures to my hopes, dreams and aspirations. I have found in the past that it actually works out pretty nicely. I love it.
This year, I made one as an example for my class to do them. I made it pretty class friendly. I didn’t put in any pictures of a bikini body (yikes… never going to happen) or religious or risque in any way, because we all know how CRAAAAZY I can be. I made it personal and happy. I actually love this one. It talks about who I want to be 🙂
It makes me think of all the things that I would like to do with my life and the list gets a running start before it even hits the ground.
There is a part in the Drew Barrymore movie “Never Been Kissed” (Awesome, chick flick, girl, high school minded mother of thirty something movie…. check it out!) that crazy enough I relate to. Drew is playing an undercover reporter at a high school and trying to get the scoop on teenagehood. She runs into a cute, albeit extremely dorky girl, Aldys, who is leader of the math club, chess club etc… and asks her what her hopes and dreams are.
Aldys is such a dork that she doesn’t find Drew’s non sequitur questions
about her hopes and dreams at all strange. And she also has the most
ludicrous, ADD hopes and dreams of all time: “I want to be a professor
of medieval literature, I want to be a novelist, I want to be a weekend
flautist, I want to be a potter, I want to be a painter, I want to be an
architect… and I want to go to Northwestern!” I think she left off
astronaut and racecar driver, but she pretty much covered everything
I feel like that girl almost every day of my life. I sit down sometimes when I look at my life where it is now and I think of all of the adventures, activities, career paths, past times, beauty tips, etc that I want to do with my life and get overwhelmed with what I want to be and do. Sometimes it is rather fun. Sometimes it is rather frustrating and depressing. It is great to know that they are things that I can do. It is depressing knowing that there are days that I can barely find time to shave my legs let alone carve out a niche in the CEO world.
I think about my list. If people were to ask me what I wanted to do when I grow up… What would I be. If I could be anything. Do anything. What would I do?
* I would actually make something from each and every one of the hundreds of digital patterns that I have purchased over the years.
* I would get all of the patterns that I have swirling around in my head written up and out into the cyber sewing world.
* I want to write a book. I used to be a fair writer. I would write of my life. My adventures. My choices and how I got to where I am.
* I want to learn to really use my camera. I want to take amazingly meaningful pictures. I take pride in capturing the moment.
* I want to be one of those amazing blog writers that people book mark and come back to often because they are entertaining, brutally honest and inspire people.
* I want to drive down the California coast in a convertible stopping at bed and breakfasts all along the way. No agenda. No plans. Just go.
* I want to organize my house, my head, my life. I want to have everything overly OCD planted and seeded organized. I want to have the pantry with the little labels. I want the folders that say “home manuals” on the cover. I want the cute pottery barn signs that label the clothing inside of each of my children’s dresser drawers.
* I want to paint my nails a different color every day.
* I want to learn to do make up. Really learn. I want to learn how to make my eyes looks like some of those fashion models on Pinterest. Vanity, yes. However, we all have a little bit of that tucked into us somewhere.
* I want to run. I want to become a runner. Crazy crazy crazy me. I have never had a desire to run before in my life. However, after the Ragnar, I want to keep doing it… in theory that is.
* I want to own a Jeep Wrangler Convertible.
* It’s beginning to sound like I want to relive my teenage years… YIKES… I don’t!
* I want to dye the underside of my hair red. Deep vibrant red. I want to pull my hair up into ponytail and have people say… “Oh, that’s cute and brave.”
* I want to buy a house. All by myself.
* I want to learn about Zen and Feng Sui and incorporate it into my surroundings.
* I want to relearn the theory of colors.
* I want to go to design school.
* I want to get my Ph.D.
* I want to love and be loved beyond measure. I know that I have the capacity. I just need to get the courage.
* I want my kids to know, that beyond anything else that their mother loved them. I don’t know if they would know that at this point.
* I want to be one of those women that people walk away from me having felt that I have enriched their life in some way shape or form. I want people to think that I have it together….
* I want to get it together someday 🙂
* I want to find me. I want to find inner peace. I want to be at one with myself be ok with myself.
* I want to be brave. I want to be strong. I want to resonate good Karma and positivity.