After reading the blog (he does sometimes read it) he was concerned that I was sounding down and depressed. I have had a couple of really bad weeks lately and have been down in the dumps. I didn’t expect it to spill over into my blogging. So, I am starting a tag. Yippee!!! If you get tagged, you have to list 10 things that make you happy. What are the things that tickle your fancy, make you smile or still give you that butterfly sensation. What things do you seek out and truly enjoy. The only rule is that you can’t say your kids or your spouse…it’s too easy.
1. Finding a great deal on something. Love to bargain, vintage, thrift shop. I often times don’t find anything but, when I score… I really love it.
2. Taking a really great picture. I love photography but I am still learning. I have a professional photographer for a father. Everytime he comments on liking one of my photos it makes me feel like I am five again and he has just told me how much he loves my tuna sandwich.
3. Finishing a project. I love to sew and do crafts. I LOVE IT. I tend to get things started and life gets going and my project gets put to the side. When I finally finish the project, it is awesome and I can’t stop telling people about it.
4. Traveling. I love to travel. With little kids, we don’t do it as much as we would like but, I love getting out. I get the biggest kick out of planning, carrying out and enjoying a vacation. Whether it is 1 night or 10, I love it.
5. Writing. I love to journal write. Now, that is kind of deceiving. I don’t actually keep a journal like I should but I do have moments of inspiration. There are certain moments in life that grab ahold of my heart and don’t let go. I don’t want to just remember the moment but I want to be able to relive the moment. By turning experiences into mini stories, I can capture them for me to enjoy for years to come.
6. A clean home. I don’t think that there is another thing in this world that is as relaxing as a nice clean, organized home. When my home is clean and organized, I feel like I can sit back, relax and enjoy the peace and joy of a quiet moment. I love those moments where I can guiltlessly read a book or magazine. I can even watch tv or a movie without thinking of the next task at hand.
7. Boutique, craft, or handiwork window shopping. I really enjoy browsing unique shopping environments. I like to take time to wander Gardner Village, Thanksgiving Point, Quilted Bear, The Arts Festival etc. I love to take time and admire the handicrafts of others. Don’t get me wrong. I also go to get ideas of something that I can do on my own. I like to take my time and wander at my own pace. I think that I like this so well because I don’t often get the opportunity to do it. With three kiddos, we do make it out on occasion. We just don’t stay long.
8. Exercising. I don’ t do it nearly as much as I should. Again, it is hard to get it in with three kiddos with varying schedules. However, I really enjoy pushing myself. If possible, I like to be outside to walk, jog or bike. If not, I like pilates, turbo jam or even just my treadmill. I need to do it more.
9. Home improvement or decor. I really enjoy working on my house. Some of my friends give me a hard time because we are constantly working on huge projects. I really enjoy making the most of my house. I love to paint and repaint. I love color and decor. You wouldn’t know it by looking at my house right now but I really enjoy making it unique. Along with the comment. I do need some help with getting some wall decor. Anyone free to go to Tai Pan or Pier One later this week? Seriously. I need opinions.
10. Flowers. I know that it is a simple one but a great one. I love flowers. I don’t get them often. I hardly ever buy them. I think that they are generally terribly over priced but they are great. My absolute favorites are orchids. My grandpa used to grow them before he passed and would always send a start home with me after I visited him. I can still “smell” them in my mind. Sometimes I will splurge and buy the dollar bouquets from Macey’s just to brighten up a room.
That was fun. It has already cheered me up quite a bit. Now, I am tagging a bunch of you! In fact…I am tagging all of you!! Please respond. I want to see what makes YOU happy.