For the last four and a half weeks, I have been pretty much home bound. I am in a huge straight jacket sling and unable yo maneuver anything over 5 pounds. So, how have I spent my days you may ask…
I watched a lot of tv. I have made hundreds of lists of things that I want to accomplish when I am functional again. I have been a better mom and been able to focus on my kids. I have been spending way too much time with my brain disecting every little thing I have done and beating myself up over woulda coulda shoulda. I have avoided the social world of Facebook, messaging and texts.
There have been a lot of things that I haven’t been able to do. It has shocked me as to what I have taken for granted. Little tiny silly things that had not even occurred to me as being an issue… for anyone.
* Putting my hair in a ponytail. Yep- try it with one hand.
* Laying on my side
* Holding a pencil
* Driving myself places
* Washing my hair with two hands
* Getting a clean shave when shaving my legs
* Putting my bra on by myself- in less than a half an hour
* Tying a shoe
* Puttung on a T-shirt
* Taking off any shirt
* Tying with two hands instead of pecking at the keys with three fingers
* Be able to sleep on my side- either one at this point would be great
* Scramble an egg
* Excerise- of any sort. At this point, I’m not going to be picky.
* Use scissors