- The last day of school was Friday.
- The last week of school was SUPER HARD for me.
- I still have to work this next week. I am not sure why.
- I am not happy about that.
- I have never been more excited for Summer vacation.
- This year has been amazingly stressful physically, emotionally, psychologically and financially.
- I am chubbier than I have ever been in my life and that STRESSES me out.
- I found out that instead of getting my normal wage during the summer I am going to be paid by workman’s comp… which pays only 60% of my salary.
- I have way too much stuff in my home, garage and life.
- I have been struggling lately with just life and where I am in the whole scheme of life scenario.
- I turn 42 next month and I am not loving that idea very much.
So, what do all of these have to do with each other?
I am going to do a Darci overhaul this summer. There are a lot of things that I am not thrilled with in my life. There are a lot of things that I want to improve. The best part about teaching is the time off during the Summer. This summer I am going to make it count. I am going to put my wheels in motion and do what I can to pull things and normalize.
I have had a bit of a self esteem dip lately. I strive for perfection and yet I am SO far from perfect. When I do not acheive perfection, I have a hard time not giving up. I desperately seek for acceptance and success. So often I find myself, from my perspective, not fitting into the norm. I end up getting frustrated. I fall short of people’s expectations, and my own expectations and I have to fight hard to not get swallowed up in guilt and depression.
I have to stop and say to myself, I am worth it. I am VERY worth it. I am not perfect, and I have a long way to go until I am even close, but I am WORTH every single second.
This is going to be my Summer of 42. I dedicate this summer to bringing myself to a happier, healthier and better individual. 42 is my number. Watch as I journey through this summer, 42 steps at a time. It is going to be epic.