My high school pal Michelle tagged me to come up with 6 quirky things about me. I wish that I could say that it took me forever to come up with wierd “Darci-isms” however, it was actually harder to narrow them down. Shel, you asked for it.
1. I have a very strict bedtime routine for myself. I can’t sleep unless I have shaved legs. I have to stock my night stand with a glass of water (that I rarely drink,) a tube of chapstick (that I don’t use at any other time of the day,) and lotion. I have to check on my kiddos one last time before going to bed, tuck my shoulder up under my pillow and sleep with one knee tight up against my chest and the other one straight out. TMI?
2. I am a bit phobic of chicken…food type. I had a bad experience once and I am just barely getting to be able to eat it again. I have to prepare it myself and cut off every single little “extra” something that happens to be on it. If I don’t, I ALWAYS seem to chomp into chicken grissle and I can’t think of anything grosser.
3. I am a water snob. I am very particular about the taste of my water. I do not like the way my tap water tastes. We have a reverse osmosis system in the house and I can taste the difference. Harvey tries to trick me by getting me normal tap water on occasion. It doesn’t work. I know immediately. I am just as bad with bottled water. My favorite is Aqua Fina. If I don’t like the taste I have to put in a Crystal Light single.
4. I have very busy hands. I feel like I constantly have to be doing something. When I wind down at night, I do it at the computer. I type away and watch TV or a movie. I crochet, knit, write, cross stitch, sew constantly if I am just sitting.
5. I love to look through books at Borders and Barnes and Noble. I am really into crafts and sewing (who woulda guessed that one) I can sit for hours and look at the new books and magazines that they have. I like to get ideas of crafts that I definately want to do, buy all of the stuff to do it and rarely finish.
6. Hats. I am obsessed with hats. I got my first hat, a cream colored cabbie hat, from my dad when I was 17 and I am now hooked. I seek out patterns for cool and unusual hats. I notice everybody that has one on and wonder how I can make it for myself. I will buy a hat just because it has a cool shape, design or color combo. Kyra loves hats too and we can spend hours trying them on.