I am very tentatively posting this. Mostly because I know who reads my blogs. This is not the best side of Darci but, here it is anyway!
Oh, I am once again humbled in my attempt to get on top of life and flip my house into being the complete organizational utopia that I can so vividly picture in my mind (oh, and by the way, in my mind, it is breathtaking.) I had the motivation, the time, the babysitter, and a really good target date to go through my storage room and get rid of most of it.
Well, I woke up bright and early Thursday to get started taking bites out of that ginormous elephant of mine. I learned a couple of hours into my whole hearted attempt that the job was much larger than I had anticipated. See, I am married to someone loves to help me by clean by putting all the clutter into a box and sticking that box into the storage room (love you sweetie!) I have my own faults when it comes to keeping everything that has ever had a memory to me. No matter how vague that memory may be. So, I am now dragging out box after box after box of random assorted (and I don’t use this word lightly) crap!
During my initial excavation of the “secret room” I found several things that just made me laugh. I thought that I would share.
* A candy bar from my mission.
* The match to about 1o pairs of earrings that I had thrown away last month because I couldn’t find its partner.
* Letters from boyfriends that I didn’t even know that I had (apparently, at one point in time I dated a Todd and I have no recollection of that at all.)
* Awesome blackmail pictures of my good friend Julie from college. Watch out Jules!
* Pictures from dances that I had forgotten all about.
* A wedding invitation of a friend and neighbor that I only met a few years ago. She has been married for longer than I have. Apparently her husband knew my brother and her invitation somehow ended up in my boxes.
* A DARLING boutique outfit that I bought for Kyra. She wore it once and I couldn’t ever find it after that. Now it is too small (go figure) sniff sniff.
* A recruitment letter from Harvard that I had forgotten about (Yes, at one time, I was courted by one big wig school!)
* Four or five checks for teaching and tutoring that I had forgotten to cash! Darn! Wish I had that money now.
* Patterns that I absolutely needed at one time, spent way too much money on buying them off of Ebay and then never used and forgotten about.
* MORE fabric, notions and ribbon. Like I need more of that. Any takers for the excess!
* My cute, chubby, nakie baby pictures. Ahhh! Now I know where Toad got his proportions from.
* My old journals. I opened it up and read exactly what I was looking for in a husband in April 1996!
* My old yearbooks. I should call some of those phone numbers sometimes!
* My old box of college recipes. I don’t want to revisit that since I gained 20 pounds in college and didn’t even realize it!
Anyway, I know that I am ashamed to admit that I have all of this still stored in my house. I should really hire a company to come and do this so that I don’t have to worry about having to part with things that I have an emotional attachment to. However, I have had a good start and hopefully will finish it this week.