I am sure that this comes as a surprise to no one, but I am on an EXTREMELY tight budget. That being said, I still love to sew (it is my relief) and I like to doll up the kids, when they let me. So, for this reason, I look at all textiles as what potential they could have.
About 6 months ago, I was packing up the crib and noticed that the crib dust ruffle was particularly cute. I loved the patchwork on the bottom of it. I thought that it would make a darling Easter skirt for the fairy. I looked over the fabric and realized that I could easily get four skirts out of it. I pitched the idea to a FRIEND of mine and offered to make her girls matching skirts as well. She does so much to help me out with the fairy’s diet that I will never be able to repay her, but I will try! That, and she doesn’t care where I get the fabric from! Thank heavens!!!!
So, earlier this week, I whipped up the skirts for her three adorable girls. I was on a roll and found a cute matching fabric to make the boys ties. My plan was to have a total of 8 kids donned in this ensemble for the holiday. Making her skirts and ties went off without a hitch. They took no time and looked rather cute if I am so bold as to admit that.
Saturday morning, I sat down to cut the fairy’s skirt and not thinking, I cut the piece 12 inches too short. AAAAACK! My perfect planning and cunning for the past 6 months gone… just like that…. with one snip of the scissors. I tried to fix it, but it just didn’t look good. Oh so sad.
That left me the day before Easter with no skirt. What was the point of making my boys the blue ties if the skirt was a bust. I went to plan B. Another skirt, this one fuller, lacier and a bit more work. Then, bam. I did the same darn thing. So, come Saturday mid afternoon, I went to plan C. I am thrilled with the results. Pictures to come!