I posted this on another blog but, I thought that I would ask this here on this one as well. I am trying to restructure my budget to one that is more realistic to the needs of my family. One of the things that I am looking at is groceries. I have been looking at people’s weekly menus and it got me thinking as to how others do their meal planning. So, I am going to ask some questions and I would love everyone and anyone to respond to give me an idea on how YOU do it. There are a couple of questions that may be a tad personal so, feel free to skip them if you wish. However, it would be EXTREMELY helpful to me if you could answer them.
1. How do you plan your weekly menus? Do you do it willy nilly, whatever sounds good (I do this a lot)? Do you base it on the ads and plan meals according to what is on sale? Do you use your food storage? Do you plan your menus weekly, bi-weekly or monthly? Do you have any special tricks or tactics that you use?
2. How do you budget your groceries? Do you buy a week at a time? A month at a time? Do you budget cleaning supplies, diapers, prescriptions, etc into your grocery budget? Do you price match? What is your average budget for groceries? Do you budget weekly, bi-weekly, monthly (sorry this one is personal but, I want to see what others do)?
3. How do you budget in food storage?
4. A cousin of ours spends Sunday afternoons making several meals for the week and then freezes them or put them in the fridge. That way she is done for the week with her meals. Another friend (I try to do this too) cooks in the morning when energy is up and cravings are low. Do you do any of these things?
5. Do you price match? Do you comparison shop? Do you do the coupon clipping thing? How do you manage that?
Again, I am trying to figure out how most people do this. I would appreciate any info. Thanks friends!