While yes, I am a total slacker on my blog, that does not mean that life has stopped. Oh no. Life is as full as it has ever been. Here is just a random sampling of what has happened. Not everything warranted its own blog post, but a shout out is certainly in order:
* I have found out that it is much better to clean out a lap top with canned air than a Dyson. Apparently laptops don’t like Dyson’s very well. Sadly, I am now out one laptop.
* I am a pattern junkie and I really need to rethink my sewing priorities. I found this out while cleaning out my digital pattern files.
* We have the most amazing blond brownie mix ever. To boot, it is gluten free and can easily be made dairy free and soy free. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. No one knows that it is any different than a normal recipe and I have friends that now call me asking when I am going to be making it again so that they can have a piece. Leave a comment if you would like to try it 🙂 Better yet, click on my friends button for Gluten Free Shortcuts and find all that she has to offer.
* I love getting my hair cut and colored. It is the best pick me up in the entire world. Now if only I could learn to do my hair like my stylist does.
* I am completely and totally in love with Netflix. When it is
2:00 in the afternoon 8:30 at night and the kids are running wildly about tucked sweetly into bed, the kitchen is supposedly clean, the laundry is piled up high washed, dried, folded neatly and put away and it is just me, myself and I kicking around the house, I LOVE to click onto Netflix and watch an episode of some random show. It does magic for my soul.
* While Toad could be considered completely potty trained, he still tries to leverage his newly acquired skills for candy. It isn’t any candy though, he has decided that he is particularly fond of Dove chocolate. He will threaten an accident in an attempt to go in the “little potty” only to acquire a treat. Cunning kid. I have to give him credit though. He knows how to work it.
*Bear was taken to his allergy appointment the other day. Whew! Big huge relief that he doesn’t have the same immense food allergies that Nena does. However, poor kid is extremely allergic to all sorts of trees and weeds. Well, at least he can chomp on normal chocolate chip cookies.
* Nena is starting to have rounds of diva fits. She is an amazingly obedient, kind, caring and loving child, but sometimes she lets a side of her personality out that no one should see. A few days ago, I was picking up her room and saw her journal sitting on her bed. This amazing girl writes in her journal EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!! Well, I picked it up and flipped to a free page and wrote her a note that told her how much I love her and how proud of her I am. Well, that was a divinely inspired move.
Later in the day, she came home from school missing her top tooth. Oh, what excitement raged at this house… until a bit later when she asked if she could keep the tooth and not turn it over to the tooth fairy. I conceeded that we could wait because she wanted to show it to her dad (and the fact that the tooth fairy at our house is a total flake and didn’t have anything on hand to leave her.) That quickly turned to her asking if she could keep it forever.
She was exhausted and she is never rational when she is that tired. I simply told her that we would talk about it the next day. That threw her into Tasmanian Devil mode and a huge fit of yelling, screaming and tantrums followed (YES- she CAN be that way!) She was sent to her room to calm down which she DID NOT LIKE. She stomped her way to her bed and grabbed her journal. She shot me a mean little look and proceeded to find a page to vent on. I watched as she flipped through the book until she finally saw a page where she didn’t recognize the handwriting. She leaned forward slowly… and I left the room.
Within two minutes, a completely penitent child emerged meekly and sobbing from that room. She threw her arms around me told me that she was sorry for being a brat and told me that she loved me. It was a very tender moment for both of us.
* Have I ever mentioned that a few friends of mine and I occasionally consider ourselves Charlies Angels? It has nothing to do with amazing Farrah Fawcett resemblance (we are all shocking look alikes though.) We just love to check things out.
So… here’s the scoop. My friend’s hubby was out of town on business. That leaves us both at home single moms with only Netflix to entertain us at night. So we do we do, chat on the phone and talk about vacations, children, moving to amazing houses and what we would like to do if either of us ever has a substantial amount of money. We decided this particular night that we would step up the pace a but and spy on her husband while he is in a different state, in a karaoke club that has webcams….. and he has no idea.
Here is the scoop. Her hubby sent her a text mentioning that a group from work was going to be going to a very famous karaoke club after their day of doing….. whatever it is that they do. Being the super inverstigator that my friend is, she googled the club and saw that not only did it have a website, but it had several webcams set up. We decided to make this an evening to remember. For at least 20 minutes she sent him an fair amount of texts with details of the club, the music, the people, he began to wonder what was going on. Not once did she disclose that the club had a webcam.
At several points in the texting sessions he asked her if she was there. The fun continued as he and his group walked down the street because of course, the establishment had webcams outside too. I think that it took him a day or two to figure it out.
Moral of the story, wherever you go, we will be watching you….