The last month or so I have been running on fumes. I don’t know if there was a night that I went to bed before 1:00 or 2:00. There were always so many things to do after the kids went to bed…. like putting them back to bed the 10 times they would get back up at night. On those days 6:30 a.m. comes sooner than you think.
Well, the holidays came and went, school started back up, I got life a little more under control, but I was still dragging. I could barely get anything done anymore during the day. It was not pretty. I guess that there are times where your body decides to go on auto pilot.
Tuesday, after getting the kids off to school, I came home and sat down on my bed for a few minutes to catch a breath and look at my email. I was just going to rest for a second before taking a shower and getting ready to go volunteer in Bears class (something that I mean to get out and do every week, but it NEVER fails that a MAJOR conflict comes up. I am sure that his teacher thinks I am a total flake.)
The next thing I know, Toad is sitting on the bed next to me and asking for a cookie… oh, and it 2+ hours later. Oh yes, my body hit is max and it let me know it. Apparently I zonked the minute I came home and sat down on the bed. I completely missed going to Bear’s school. Thank heavens I had Mickey Mouse playing on the TV in the next room. And as for the cookie, I am sure that he had already had 5 or 6 before asking me for one. That is just his style.
I will admit though, after that power nap, I felt FANTASTIC! I honestly felt 5 years younger and not nearly as stressed. Surprisingly enough, it has managed to linger for a day or two. Today as a matter of fact, I got an amazing amount of tasks accomplished.
* Completely cleaned out the boys room and organized every single article of clothing that they own.
* Took my grin and bear it attitude with Nena’s room, the eternal mess, and cleaned every nook and cranny, organized every drawer, cleaned out her walk in closet, cleaned out from under the bed and removed almost every toy from that room. I am proud to say that out of her room alone, I threw out 4 bags of “stuff.” She didn’t even notice.
* Did three loads of laundry.
*Got all of the homework and reading done with the kids.
*Bath time was not a monsoon.
* I made a real life home cooked meal that had nutritional value and was not from a box and my children ATE it! Not only did they eat it, they had seconds! That doesn’t even happen EVER. Not even with hot dogs anymore! Go Southwestern Chicken and Rice!
* I read them a full on bed time story. Said prayers. I tucked them in, kissed their dear little foreheads, told them that they would do amazing on their spelling tests tomorrow and they both slipped into peaceful sleep.
* I am currently nursing a sickie Toad back to health.
* The kitchen is clean, the dishes are done, the family room is picked up.
*Oh, and I made a rug.
SERIOUSLY>>>> It scares me. I think that I may die tomorrow because today went just too darn smoothly and productively for it to happen again. I am glad though that if today is my last day, it was a GREAT one!
Oh, and just so you know…. those Christmas decorations that I mentioned in THIS post… are still in that exact same spot. And yes, the Christmas tree is still fully decorated and sitting in my living room. Well, I have to have hope for tomorrow…. right?!?!