At some point in time, we are a little judgemental. Yes, I am among that group. I try very hard not to be critical of others especially since it tends to turn around and bite me in the behind! Over the years, I have become a bit more wise in my judgments of others. It turns out that many of the things that I had always told myself that I would “never” do have found their way into my life. Let me give you some examples! Yes, and you go right ahead and judge me for doing them. I used to tell myself that I Would Never:
* Let my children watch a movie just to get a moment of peace.
* Find out the gender of my kiddos before they were born.
* Drink soda directly from the 2 liter bottle.
* Buy my children a Happy Meal just for the prize.
* Let my daughter go to the store dressed like THAT
* Be seen in public with wet hair and no make-up.
* Teach my children how to use the remote control so that I could sleep in a few extra minutes.
* Hire a babysitter just so that I could go to the grocery store alone!
* Cut my hair short.
* Eat ice cream directly from the carton.
* Set my infant in front of the TV to watch Baby Einstein.
* Seriously consider buying Nintendo game system for my kids.
* Be a helicopter parent.
* Call poison control over every dumb little thing.
* Stay in my pajamas all day.
* Let my kids stay in pajamas all day.
* Serve my kids cold cereal for dinner.
* Put Diet Coke in my child’s bottle (I know! Didn’t I say don’t judge me! Sometimes you get desperate on road trips!)
* Go to the grocery store just to drop my kids off at the playland!
* Paint my boys’ fingernails.
* Put my journal online for everyone to read!
* Drive my child to school if we lived 10 houses away.
* Put my child in preschool.
* Buy flowers just for the heck of it.
* Use spell check on the words restaurant and souvenir.
* Allow myself to become unorganized (I know, I know, I know!)
* Forget a dentist appointment.
***Although there are a lot of things that I am leaving out (on purpose of course) there are a lot of things that I am trying to get better at! There are a lot of things that I promised myself that I would never do, have subsequently done, and loved it! I am just learning that everyone has a purpose in the things that they do, and although they don’t make sense to ME right NOW, that doesn’t mean that they don’t make PERFECT sense to the other person. I am trying to remember that!