There are some people out there that firmly proclaim the insanity of those that believe in Santa Clause. We all know one or have met one. Our children have run into their children and come home asking about the validity of this figure that they have grown to love. The great figure that brings magic and wonder to the holiday season.
Everyone can have their own opinion. It doesn’t matter to me what they decide to teach to their children. However, I relish in the fact that my children believe in the man and the magic. I get very annoyed at those that try to take that from them prematurely.
Having said that, I can state that I without doubt, that Santa Clause is real. This has been shown to me more this year than at any other time in my life. Let me explain.
This year has not been one that will go into the history books as one of my best. I have had a lot on my plate this year and was having a really hard time getting into the Christmas spirit. I wanted to make it nice for my children though. I didn’t want my bah humbug to wear off onto their sugarplum filled heads.
Although my woes were not necessarily those of finances this year, I felt such an amazing outpouring of love from so many people on so many different levels. It still is a lot for me to absorb. This is what happened.
* A friend brought over clothes from a darling store that I LOVE for Nena and Toad. She works with the company and they were casting off their samples. Nena and Toad just happened to be the sized that they were casting off so, they scored with several amazing outfits a piece.
* Another friend was unpacking her childrens toys from their recent move and found several nearly new toys that her children wouldn’t ever play with again. They were wrapped up and placed under the tree for Toad. He LOVED them.
* The same friend gifted me a darling art set that she won at a work party. Nena loved it.
* When Zhu Zhu pets were no where to be found and were the hearts desire of Nena and Bear, a friend just happened to find two extra ones in her house that I was able to buy from her.
* Bear ended up getting a big bag of brand new hand-me-downs with the tags still attached.
* While helping a friend wrap gifts, she happened upon two items that she had duplicates of for her own children so, she gifted them to me.
* In a very unexpected treat, I receive a gift from a very old friend that I never could have bought on my own. It was prefaced with the phrase, “Don’t be mad that I bought this for you, I wanted to do something nice and will never be able to do this again.”
In addition to all of this, my little business received more business than I anticipated and that is always a nice plus.
So, you tell me. If this isn’t the spirit of Santa Clause, I don’t know what is. This year is the year that I firmly profess that I DO absolutely believe in Santa Clause. It is that spirit of Christmas and giving that made my the end of my year absolutely magical. Thank you to all of you for your love and compassion.