A little brain relaxation
1. Who are you named after? Oh, Mr. D’arcy of course. I was supposed to be a boy… according to my parents. When I finally made my arrival, my gender shocked everyone and left them wanting for a girl’s name. My grandma had been reading Pride and Prejudice, and mentioned the name. Voila! A name was donned upon me. My friends keep telling me that some day I will end up with Mr. D’arcy. LOL I guess that is a perk. Right.
2. Last time you cried? Friday unfortunately. Sometimes having a heart, and expectations are hard on me.
3. Do you like your handwriting? I love my handwriting. However, since I have broken my writing hand twice now, it has made it painful to write.
4. What is your favorite lunch meat? I am definitely a turkey girl.
6. Longest relationship? I am guessing that the question doesn’t apply to parents, siblings or children. However, they are my longest and dearest relationships. Next to that, it is my BFF Julie. I don’t remember how we met, but she has been my life blood for over 20 years now. She has seen me through thick and thin and I don’t know what I would do without her friendship.
7. Do you still have your tonsils? Yes, and I hate every minute of it. I get every single sore throat that goes around.
8. Would you bungee jump? Being a single mom, I would say no at this point. I am too concerned about what would happen to them if something were to happen to me.
9. What is your favorite kind of cereal? I am rather boring. I actually LOVE oatmeal.
10. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? Usually not, and then I get angry at myself as I have to untie them to get them back on.
11. Do you think you’re strong? Oh boy. There are days that I feel that I am and days that I feel like I am definitely not.
12. Favorite ice cream? Vanilla. It has always been my favorite.
13. What is the first thing you notice about a person? Their eyes. I have a habit of looking at someone’s eyes when they are talking to me to see what is behind the words. I read way too into things and do it with the eyes.
14. Football or baseball? Is it bad to say neither. I am not a huge fan of sports. However, if I had to pick one, I would rather watch football than baseball on TV, and baseball in person.
15. What color pants are you wearing? Black. I own so much black that that would be my answer 75% of the time.
16. Last thing you ate? I have had a massive headache all day long. I finally was able to get it to go away a bit with Papa Johns, Diet Coke and massive amounts of ibuprophen and Excederine.
17. What are you listening to? I love to sit with the TV in the background. I like hearing the voices. I have things going that I am familiar with so that I don’t need to pay attention to it in order to understand what is going on. Today it is Big Bang Theory.
18. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Blue. I love the calming color of blue and I am drawn to it. I love the spunkiness of pink and how it makes me smile.
19. What is your favorite smell? My grandma used to send packages to us from San Diego. Every time we opened the packages, we would all sit and smell the packages. It is funny, but I still have a few things that have that smell and I love it. I also love the smell of rain on dirt. I could smell orchids and lillies all day.
20. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone? I am TERRIBLE at talking on the phone. I have some weird mental block to it. I am also awful at texting. I get told that on almost a daily basis. I say that because I have a hard time remembering who the last person was that I talked to on the phone. I am thinking that it was my brother. He called to see how I was doing and I happened to see the phone as he was calling.
21. Hair color? I will just say blonde to save time. It used to be blonde, and I am trying to keep it that way.
22. Eye color? I have a strange color of eyes that is a combo of blue, green and gray. The color that comes out is totally dependent on my mood, the color I am wearing and my makeup. I love my color of eyes, but they don’t stand out as a lot of people’s do. There are times that I wish that I had stand out colored eye.
23. Favorite foods to eat? Oh, I like food way too much. Just ask the scale. I love almost everything. I am not a fan of chicken, but everything else… bring it.
24. Scary movies or happy endings? I can’t handle scary movies. I can do suspenseful, but not scary or horror at all. I have never been fond of them, but I really can’t handle them as a single mom. Yep. I am a total fraidy cat.
25. Last movie you watched? Confessions of a Shopoholic. I love that movie and relate too much to it. I am one of those people that can watch a movie a hundred times and never tire of it.
26. What color shirt are you wearing? Oh, a little boring. Black. I must be in a mood today.
29. What is your favorite holiday? I love everything about holidays. I love Christmas. I love the sights, smells and feelings of Christmas. It is one time during the year that not matter what religion, race or customs you follow, the season is magical and brings miracles.
30. Beer or Wine? The smell of beer makes me ill.
31. Night owl or morning person ? I read something the other day that synced well with me. I am not an early bird nor am I night owl. I am a tired pigeon. I think that I am currently in a phase of life that requires me to be both an early bird and a night owl. Therefore, I am going to hone in on pigeon.
32. Favorite day of the week? Friday. Absolutely 100% Friday.