In celebration of Harvey’s 40th Birthday I have decided to put up 40 things about Harvey. Some of you know Harvey really well and know a lot of these things. For those of you who don’t know him as well, let me introduce you to the greatest guy in the world, my hubby Harvey.
1. Harvey was born in Bogota, Colombia. He lived there until he was 12.
2. Harvey is an avid runner and was the alternate for the Olympic team for the Barcelona Olympics.
3. Harvey’s family sold nearly everything they owned so that they could come to the States on a mini vacation and be sealed in the temple when he was 10.
4. Harvey is an AMAZING dancer.
5. He has one younger brother named John. John lives in Texas.
6. His dream car is either and Audi A4 or BMW.
7. Harvey became a citizen of the U.S. when he was on his mission. He had to fly home, be sworn as a citizen with his famiy and fly back the same day.
8. He is intensely interested in mood lighting, area rugs and lamps. We call him Metro.
9. He turned down scholarships to Harvard and Yale to go to BYU.
10. He is a Mechanical/ Process Engineer and LOVES what he does…whatever that may be.
11. He is a closet watcher of Ghost Hunters, Project Runway and Jon and Kate plus 8.
12. He loves to eat at Wendy’s, Rodizzio Grille and Red Lobster.
13. His favorite movie of all time is “Chariots of Fire.”
14. His most memorable toy growing up was a plastic armadillo bank on wheels. He and his brother tied strings to it and would run around the neighborhood pulling it listing to the coins clink.
15. He drank BOTH of my contacts on our wedding night. I forgot my case and had to put them in little cups.
16. He loves to travel and has been to Europe, Bahamas, Mexico, Virgin Islands, South America, Canada, and all over the US.
17. He really wants to run the Boston Marathon this year.
18. He grew up with a gourmet cook as a mother but claims to love my variations on Macaroni and Cheese.
19. He LOVES to golf but would rather spend time with his kids.
20. Has a super high metabolism and can eat whatever he wants and not gain weight.
21. Met me while dating a girl from my mission. He had even bought her a ring but took it back once he met me. 🙂
22. Speaks Fluent Spanish and Portugese. English is his second language but he has no accent whatsoever. Only when he says Snickers late at night.
23. He wants to invent something someday and get a patent.
24. Is a closet entrepenuer. He started several businesses in his 20’s and had a successful dance club running until Kyra was born and decided to close it down and spend time with her.
25. He gives one awesome sports massage.
26. He has a fantastic sense of humor and keeps my family in stitches.
27. Ran over my mother with the car the night before my brother got married. She thanks him for it now.
28. Made it to the final cut when he tried out for the Blitz indoor soccer team two years ago.
29. Gets really excited when he gets a good deal on something that he has bought.
30. Thinks that the State Fair is a “white trash” activity but never misses going to it with the family.
31. He loves his mom and dad and would do nearly anything to help them out now that they are empty nesters and need help.
32. Loves the water and goes swimming any chance he can.
33. He is absolutely adored by his children and he adores them. They love being with their dad and can’t wait for him to come home every day.
34. His favorite foods are popcorn, gingerale, seafood, M&M’s.
35. Has a strong testimony and is very diligent is teaching our children all that is good, true, uplifting and everlasting.
36. LOVES music. He has nearly every 80’s song that you can imagine and loves to spend time downloading songs. At night, I have caught him cleaning up, hooked up to his IPod and dancing around the kitchen.
37. He is a good cook and makes awesome potstickers. He can’t bake to save his life though.
38. Still kicks himself that he didn’t market Jamba Juice. He claims to have had the idea long before they did.
39. He is hard working, diligent, loving, kind, understanding and calm.
40. After 3 years of dating, 2 engagements, and finally getting me to marry him, I find myself the lucky one to have such an amazing man as my husband.
I love you tons Harvey. Happy 40th Birthday. I hope that your next 40 years will be even better. I will make sure of it.