I am going to follow in the steps of many of you and to commemorate my 100th blog with 100 things about me. I am not interesting at all but I thought that it would be fun. Of course, this comes right at the same time as more important things for me to be blogging so, make sure you read the other things too.
1. I am the oldest of 8 children. However, I am the only one with kiddos.
2. I love everything vintage. It is a new addiction but I seek it out now. Furniture, jewelry, pictures, clothing, etc. You name it, I crave it.
3. I don’t mind housework but I hate folding laundry and doing the dishes. I would rather do anything but that.
4. In college I drove a red Fiero and I LOVED it.
5. I have a associates degree in music, a B.A. in education and a M.Ed. in administration, but I want to do something else in my next life.
6. I changed my degree one day before graduation and got away with it.
7. I love shoes but never buy expensive one.
8. I have very little sense of style and I am constantly behind the times fashion wise.
9. I am terrible uncoordinated but I can Latin Dance really well.
10. I can’t stand to chew gum. I used to love it.
11. I went on a mission to the Dominican Republic, Santo Domingo West Mission.
12. I tried out for every cheerleader, drill team, pep club, dance club in high school and never made it. Maybe it had to do with #9.
13. I love to do home improvements. I don’t know if we will ever be “finished” with our house.
14. I am really hard to offend but I am often worried that I have offended others.
15. I love to read but rarely find time to do it.
16. I love to exercise but don’t do it nearly as much as I should.
17. I absolutely love to sew and have built a business around it.
18. I truly love being around my children and have a hard time leaving them with sitters.
19. I often think (and a lotof you have to agree) that my life could be made into a soap opera mellow drama.
20. I have only broken one bone in my life. I broke my hand hitting my brother in 11th grade.
21. I love to sing but only to my kids.
22. I often feel that I have a lot of untapped potential.
23. I sometimes have a hard time getting motivated.
24. I am speak Spanish fluently and I am amazed at how much I get the chance to use it.
25. I have my Spanish translator license and I used to translate at Primary Children’s Hospital.
26. One of my favorite treats is bread with Brummel and Brown Yogurt Butter.
27. I love carbs and could NEVER go carb free. I need my bread.
28. I appreciate my parents more and more every day.
29. I obsess over my weight too much.
30. I taught school for four years before Kyra was born. Now I am a stay at home mom and I love it.
31. I spend way too much money on Ebay.
32. I love going on trips. It doesn’t even matter where we go, I just love getting out with my family.
33. I can’t watch scary movies or I have extremely graphic dreams. This started after I had kids.
34. I often feel guilty that I don’t spend more time playing with my kids.
35. My greatest fear in life is being the absolute best mother that I can be.
36. I get very grumpy and short with people if I haven’t slept well in a while.
37. I have only had a real pedicure twice in my life. I love them but I would rather spend my money on something else.
38. I am TERRIBLE at writing thank you notes. If I owe you one, I am sorry. I need to change that.
39. I really enjoy teaching. I think that I am fairly good at it.
40. I have great desire to do more with my creativity, I just lack the time to get it done.
41. I am a water snob. I am very picky about the flavor of the water that I drink. I often opt to mix in Crystal Light to mask the icky taste that a lot of tap water has to it.
42. I have a really hard time saying no. It often times makes me resentful.
43. I ablsolutely love spending time with my brothers.
44. I worry about my children and wish that I could guard them from all that is out there in the world.
45. I am trying to find the balance between doing it all and taking time to enjoy life.
46. I feel extremely blessed to have the friends that I do.
47. I love pictures but I hate to scrapbook. The only photo album I have is one my mom made for me on my mission. I think that that is why I try to put more into my blogging.
48. I am constantly misplacing things, especially my car keys.
49. In high school I was not popular at all but I am very happy with who I am now. It bothers me that I put so much stock into what people thought of me back then.
50. My hair is naturally blonde and I didn’t start coloring it until I got married.
51. My hair is now much darker, much curlier and much shorter since I had children. Why does it work that way?
52. Growing up I wanted 5 children. Now, I am very grateful yet very overwhelmed to have 3.
53. All of my brothers and sisters and I are named with D’s ( Darci, Derek, Devan, Dustin, Downi, Dalton, Daynon, Danza) and I swore that I would never do that. Well, I did…Kyra, Kaeson and Kelton.
54. I love to play the flute and piano but I don’t practice nearly as much as I should.
55. I used to have people comment on how sharp I was. Now, I have turned into a puddle of goo and I have become quite flakey. This really bothers me.
56. I am terrible at returning phone calls.
57. I love hugging, kissing, holding and cuddling my kids and I do it all the time.
58. I love jewelry but I don’t wear a lot of it.
59. I feel very at peace that my family is complete. That is an amazing feeling.
60. I really enjoy shopping boutique types shops. I like to go with my daughter and dread taking my sons.
61. I often get discouraged when I don’t think that I am measuring up to what I think the “ideal” is.
62. I get very frustrated when my home, life or finances are out of order.
63. I can be pushy and often think that my way is the only best way.
64. I think that I am low maintainence but I think that my husband would beg to differ.
65. I love to travel but flying makes me nervous.
66. I really enjoy refinishing and painting furniture. I seek out pieces to make new.
67. I often feel lonely.
68. I am not big into sports but I like to watch basketball and football games if my brothers are around.
69. It drives me crazy to have discord or contention in my life. I can’t stand to have someone upset at me.
70. I have very busy hands. I always have to be doing something while I watch TV or ride in the car. I think that is why I picked up crochet.
71. I didn’t put forth a full effort in high school or the first year of college but I finished college and graduate school with a 4.0.
72. Growing up, my room was very straight forward and plain. I have tried hard to make fantasy type bedrooms for my kids. They are a constant work in progress.
73. I have had two speeding tickets in the last 16 years and they were both in the exact same spot.
74. My favorite shows are Project Runway, The People’s Court, Frasier and Ghost Hunters. I know, random.
75. Someday I want to live outside of Utah. Someday I want to live outside of the country.
76. I love the water and would love to own waterfront property someday.
77. I love to browse the magazines at the grocery stores. Not the tabloid ones but ones on home improvement, crafts, family, crafts and fitness.
78. I really enjoy playing scrabble. I play it all the time on facebook, with Harvey and I even have it downloaded on my cell phone.
79. I can tell you when are where we got nearly every item in our home. I can also tell you who gave it to us if it was a gift or how much it cost if I bought it myself.
80. I hate burning candles since I always forget to blow them out. I opt for scented oils and oil burners. I am a frequent buyer at The Body Shop.
81. I love the scents of lavender, lilac and gardenia.
82. My favorite season is Autumn. I could have that weather all year long. We could have a couple of days of snow and a few really warm days but I could go for a constant 78 degrees.
83. I am a bargain hunting junkie. I love to find a deal and frequent thrift shops all the time searching for “gems.”
84. I am really good at finding deals on the internet. My family always call me if they need a flight, a hotel or rental car. They also use me as their contact point to get the lowest price on something. I nearly always find amazing deals.
85. I would rather live in a small quaint home with lots of detail, character and charm than a large modern McMansion, as we call them.
86. I crave close friend relationships. I envy friends with sisters and would give anything to have that sort of relationship with someone.
87. I stress out that I would not be prepared if there was a disaster. I don’t have our 72 hour kits put together and our food storage is leaving much to be desired.
88. I would rather have a clean, organized home than more money.
89. I am completely devestated that my 6 year old is starting 1st grade in 2 days. I am not ready for that at all. My heart is already aching with how much I am going to miss her.
90. As much as I hate going through trials, I would never trade my trials for anyone else’s. I look at what people go through and I have no idea how they cope.
91. I know that I have the potential of being a truly great person (even if it only to my children) and I am in a daily struggle to to try to reach that potential.
92. Most days I fall very very very very short of that goal.
93. I think that there is a very fine line between cute and cheesy. It drives me nuts when I cross that line.
94. I ablsolutely love surprises. I love them but I can’t help being a snoop and trying to figure out the surprise before it happens.
95. I am very spur of the moment and don’t plan nearly as much as I should. That gets me into trouble sometimes.
96. I was on the news a lot growing up. Sounds intruiguing until you find out that my dad was a manager at KSL. He once put my soccer team on the news and we had made one goal the entire season and tied one game 0 to 0. Such perks.
97. Harvey and I dated for two and a half years, were engaged twice and had a nine month engagement before we were married.
98. I am a complete romance junky. I love everything romantic: books, movies, TV shows, you name it. I love to identify myself with the situation. I love getting the shivers over the romantic parts.
99. I ablsolutely love color, and color combinations. However, I am terrible at coordinating fabrics without help.
100. Although I am far from perfect and sometimes it seems like I have more bad days than good days, I am happy with who I am and what I have accomplished in life. I may be far from the ideal but I am working on it and making progress little by little.